Everything we have in this life is from God’s kindness and mercy and just as we have to return to God, so does the gift of time. A lack of correct allocation of time leads us to fall short in various areas of our lives – academically, professionally and in our personal relationships. Most importantly however, as the workload piles, the first thing we begin to neglect is the most important relationship we have: with God, the most Glorious.
Prophet Muhammad (SAW), reiterated this for us. Time will not slow down and we cannot go back to fix the mistakes we make therefore he advised us to take advantage of five things,
- Your youth, before you become old
- Your health, before you fall sick
- Your richness, before you become poor
- Your free time before you become busy
- and Your life, before your death